Date: 03.02.11
Area: Family Law
For: Illinois, USA

Am I legally responsible for child support to my wife's ex-husband if her child lives with him and my wife does not work?
There is no child support ordered in the divorce and I recently became unemployed and am responsible for the support of my wife and our two children.
1 answer | Asked on 03.02.11 in Family Law.

Answers (1)
You could be held legally responsible to support the child if the child is yours.  This can be solved with a paternity test, which the state might do if they come after you for child support.  If you are the father, then you can be responsible.  

Answered by Arkady Bukh on 10.27.12.